Permanent Reference code
:100461 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Alma; Amos; Bas St-Laurent; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Bécancour; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton, AB; Farnham; Fredericton, NB; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax, NS; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa, ON; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John, NB; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon, SK; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's, NL; Toronto, ON; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
The Operate Finance team is rapidly growing and we are looking for highly collaborative professionals to build our service! We are continuously seeking additional resources to join the team. Do you enjoy the remote working environment and the flexibility it provides? Are you an experienced Controller with sharp technical and analytical skills and an exceptional client-service orientation based on trust and integrity? We want to hear from you!What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
In joining our team, you will play an integral part of the engagement team for clients working across all industries. You will help businesses grow and succeed with the provision of comprehensive financial solutions, including outsourcing of accounting and finance functions and business advisory services. Thanks to the diversity of our client engagements, the scope of your role may include the responsibilities summarized below:
• Budgeting, forecasting, and cash flow analysis
• Period end financial reporting and working paper preparation for clients, as assigned
• Financial management
• Maintaining integrity of the accounting system and inputs
• Understanding, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment
• Client relations
• Supervising and mentoring accounting teamsAbout the team
Operate Finance is part of Deloitte's Assurance business and provides client service solutions to private enterprises across a variety of industries. Members of the team will be engaging in their daily responsibilities primarily from home.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are an accounting practitioner with the following education, experience and attributes:
• Professional accounting designation required
• 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience; previous accounting firm experience a strong asset
• Accounting software literacy, ability to transact in multiple program and propensity to learn new software, as required
• Client-service orientation as demonstrated with strong oral and written communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced level of MS Office Suite proficiency (e.g., MS Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Job costing skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities leveraging sound attention to detail and strong organization skills
• Understanding, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as, on a teamOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Developer, QC, Accounting, Financial, Equity, Technology, Quality, Finance
Management and Executive