CLK 09R - Scheduling Clerk
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
New Westminster, BC V3M 6H8 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
$43,758.80 - $49,357.30 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division
Superior Courts Judiciary
Job Summary Scheduling Clerk
There are 2 positions available.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
This position is excluded from union membership.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Contribute your flair for organization and prioritization!
The scheduling function is required to support the judicial process through the coordination and scheduling of trials and hearings. Scheduling is a complex and critical function since the number of cases to be heard far exceeds available Judges' and Masters' time, requiring scheduling staff to accurately judge the probability of each trial or hearing proceeding and overbooking Court time in anticipation of last minute scheduling changes. Effective and efficient scheduling ensures that the number of matters heard before the Court is maximized while downtime is minimized. As well, Supreme Court Scheduling staff ensure that civil, family and criminal matters brought before the Court are supported by the appropriate parties in the right place at the right time with the necessary resources to expeditiously hear cases. Of the approximately 40 Courthouses in BC, the Supreme Court sits in approximately 30 locations.
Supreme Court Scheduling staff utilize the Supreme Court Scheduling System, (SCSS) for their scheduling duties. This technological enhancement maximizes efficiencies in scheduling and allows staff to focus more on the analysis of case-specific issues that impact trial schedules and less on routine tasks that the system is able to do.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12) or equivalent (GED)
- Two years experience in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment
- Experience/training in keyboarding, data entry, spreadsheets and the current MS Office suite
- Experience working with the public and providing customer service
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience working in a legal setting, such as court services, Judiciary, law office or justice sector
- Experience working in the court system
- Office / administrative experience
- Post secondary education and/or training related to law or justice studies
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Administrative Services, Court and Judicial Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians