2021-888299 SEIU Position:
Clerical Associate Department:
Rehab Services Status:
Temporary Part-time until approx. October 2022 (must provide availability to work up to a 0.5 FTE) Hours:
Monday to Friday, day shifts (Hours are subject to change based on operational needs) Site:
Georgetown Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of ourcommunity's growing and aging population. We are adistinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community. Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always , goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always! This is what you'll be doing:
The clerk will work with a multidisciplinary team consisting ofgeriatricians, therapists and other clerical staff. The clerk will be responsible for patient registration, following up on appointments, management of a database and ordering supplies to successfully lead the clinics. Responsible for support of the inter-professional team working in outpatient rehab and inpatient areas. Other duties as assigned. This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- One (1) year recent relevant clerical experience in a healthcare setting, or Recent Medical Office Administration diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Medical terminology certificate required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have fast and accurate data entry skills
- Experience using patient related databases, e.g. Meditech
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Must be available for shifts on short notice
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centred care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation. Salary:
$23.33 to $25.31 per hour Date posted:
November 16, 2021 Internal applications due by:
November 23, 2021
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com
directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.