Chief Executive Officer
Come work with us! You'll love it.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the driving force behind our creative vision to revolutionize the stock media industry while leveraging Stocksy's cooperative structure and promoting leadership and trust amongst our membership, clients, and partners. Working closely with the Board and senior leadership, the CEO sets and drives the cooperative's strategic goals while holding strong to Stocksy's vision, mission, principles, and core values of progressive, inclusive, collaborative, and empathetic.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Direct Reports: 6+
Job type : FT Employee
Location: Remote, any timezone within UTC -7 to UTC+1
Hours: This is a full time position, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Overtime may be required as part of annual compensation. All conditions of employment will be in accordance with the BC Employment Standards Act.
Compensation: $145k-$175k CAD per year, extended health and dental benefits, education allowance, unlimited vacation policy.
- A visionary thinker and motivator: the ability to leverage an understanding of our competitive landscape in order to challenge the status quo, take calculated risks, and drive innovation across the cooperative.
- An outstanding people leader: excellent at cross-functional and cross-cultural communication, strategic collaboration, and talent development.
- A change management expert: able to rely on lean management principles to enhance agility across an organization in order to respond to rapidly changing business environments.
- Driven by curiosity: passionate about Stocksy's innovative cooperative structure.
- A reflective and adaptive leader: experienced and effective with delegating to, guiding, taking feedback from, and inspiring a highly motivated and effective leadership team.
- 5+ years in a CEO role and/or 10+ years of progressive experience in senior leadership or executive roles.
- Outstanding people leadership skills, including the ability to empower and unify teams through strategic alignment, decisive decision-making, thought leadership, culture-building, coaching and mentorship, and data-driven performance management.
- Experience leading high-performing, diverse, and international teams.
- A proven track record in business development, helping companies transform and scale through creative visioning, clear direction, transparent communication, data-driven measurement, and effective execution.
- Expertise driving organizational change management in environments with rapidly evolving business conditions and priorities.
- Broad range of general business experience and acumen in tech spaces (HR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Tech etc.), with a demonstrated openness to alternative business structures.
- Experience with values-based organizations that prioritize meaningful work, social impact, and member returns.
- An existing strong personal brand in the business community with an active digital presence, a strong network, and public relations experience to bring new opportunities to the cooperative.
- Certification or related experience in Lean Management organizations with a highly proficient ability to lead organizational agility, decentralized decision-making, and business-wide adaptability.
- Vision & Strategy : Evolve and drive strategic and creative vision, prioritize brand strategy, innovation, and technological advancement in an atypical business structure.
- Business Development : Understand and leverage knowledge of our competitive landscape, partnerships, and other opportunities to diversify revenue streams and maximize returns for members.
- Community Engagement : Build strong relationships within our community and industry partners, and demonstrate empathy and support for our artist community.
- Leadership Development : Support and empower business area leaders through decentralized decision-making and lean management principles.
Stocksy supports a global membership of employees, contractors, clients, and contributors from all walks of life. We find strength in what makes us different. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment where every one of our team members can thrive.
We are actively seeking any individual who may have taken a road less traveled to get to where they are now. Experience and education comes in many forms; so long as you are excited about this posting and convinced you could be your best self at Stocksy, then we want to hear all about you!Click here for more information! Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Executive
Management and Executive