Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry, and our Canadian EY Private practice focuses exclusively on helping business owners and entrepreneurs to manage challenges and respond to opportunities unique to private companies. As part of our Professional Practice team, you will support our EY Private Assurance group in financial reporting, issue resolution, technical accounting support, consultations and effectively applying the EY audit methodology, helping to ensure that provincial ethical requirements and firm standards are met at all times for the EY Private practice. Your key responsibilities
• Respond to technical questions from all professional staff regarding accounting and assurance-related matters Skills and attributes for success
• Perform quality control reviews of both engagement files and financial statements including executing pre-issuance reviews (PIR) of financial statements primarily under Canadian Accounting Standard for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Conduct research on relevant issues, new standards and their application
• Keep up-to-date by reading associated literature and attending appropriate educational courses for skill development
• Prepare comments on new standards issued by CPA Canada
• Responsible for certain aspects of staff and executive training including course development and course instruction
• Prepare and present seminars or informational fact sheets to clients on relevant accounting pronouncements
• Interact with other members of EY Professional Practice for the exchange of information
• Strong organizational skills and a very high attention to detail. To qualify for the role you must have
• Excellent written, verbal, oral and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Proactive and anticipatory in approach and style.
• Ability to work with all levels of management - and use discretion and adapt style and approach accordingly.
• Analytical and conceptual thinking abilities.
• Effectively interact with others to obtain required actions.
• Strong team player.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously with little direction and guidance.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in assurance-related professional services What we look for
• Strong technical background in ASPE, IFRS, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and CSRE 2400 review engagements
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Strong research, organizational and project management skills
• Significant experience with private client assurance engagements and ASPE/IFRS financial reporting
• Completion of the CPA, CA designation
• Experience in presentation of internal training courses and/or external presentations
• Technical background in US GAAP would be considered an asset
• Technical experience with CaseWare would be considered an asset
• Bilingual (English/French) would be considered an asset
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry About EY
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance