Amazon is looking for a motivated, innovative and accomplished Machine Learning Scientist to join our Registration Risk ML Science team. Our mission is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place worldwide to transact online. Amazon runs one of the most dynamic e-commerce marketplaces in the world, with millions of selling partners across the world selling hundreds of millions of unique products. Our team applies machine learning to make buying and selling on Amazon safer and easier.
As a Machine Learning/Applied Scientist in our team, you will play a key role in developing best-in-class risk controls through data and machine learning.
A successful candidate will have deep and broad expertise across at least one Machine Learning Science discipline. The candidate will be expected to develop and deliver end-to-end solutions which include numerous aspects of Machine Learning such as feature engineering, predictive modeling, probabilistic modeling, hyper-parameter tuning, etc.
Key job responsibilities
- You will research, design and improve on the models that will impact Amazon's customer directly.
- You will prevent our customers and 3P selling partners from being harmed by bad actors.
- You will be working in a highly collaborative environment partnering with various science, product management, engineering, operations, finance, business intelligence and analytics teams to develop ML models and analytical tools.
- You will influence your team's science and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.
- You will take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems, science deficiencies, or areas where your team's solutions bottlenecks the innovation of other teams. You will make solutions simpler.
- You should be comfortable building prototypes, testing and improving them given the feedback from the real time data.
- You should be able to present your model and findings to a various range of stakeholders.
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 3+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, computer vision, natural language processing, graph algorithms.
- Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, problem-solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.