In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer's COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, Communicable Disease or the Regional Manager, Public Health Practice, this position is responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Preventive Public Health teams in the Regional Preventive Public Health Office. As a member of the Preventive Public Health team, this position performs a variety of functions such as word processing, composing correspondence, and typing reports and documents from notes and/or recording devices. Work to be performed will involve gathering and compiling data from various sources, using applicable health information documentation systems and Excel spreadsheets, as well as other data systems, and producing reports from available data. Qualifications
- Grade 12
- Office Administration Certificate and one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in collaboration and cooperation with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in response to competing demands.
- Ability to type 60 WPM.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to operate office equipment and software applications including Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients and colleagues.
View Prince George Community