We are looking for passionate and talented system analysts who have experience working with innovative, mission critical, high-volume applications that customers love. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience. Amazon Ordering team builds services which enables all aspects of a customer purchase life cycle starting from shopping cart, checkout, order processing, managing order history and post-fulfilment actions.
Our team builds services which are backbone for multiple commerce sites like Grocery, Prime Now, Alexa shopping, Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon pharmacy and more. Our services include multiple, massively scalable distributed systems that provide inexpensive, reliable, financial controllership platforms to our business partners. As a systems analyst on our team, you will help investigate issues, identify root causes, and help drive fixes to our systems in the finance/accounting space.
You should be somebody who enjoys working on solving problems, are customer-centric, and works well across teams. You will:
- Provide operational support for accounting and business to ensure financial events are completely and accurately recorded from source to our financial ledgers.
- Investigate common system failures include stuck ng workflows, missing or wrong configuration, and incorrect postings.
- Responsible for identifying root causes, categorize them into buckets, and provide systematic solution insights.
- Provide user operational support and respond to data and research queries from management team.
- Provide financial operations support for accounting and lines of business in order to complete reconciliation of financial accounts.
- Work with product management, technology management, and accounting to research issues, and implement process improvements.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Background in accounting, finance, or the payments industry
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- SQL Intermediate to Advanced
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple layers of complexity
- Proven ability to identify and resolve data inconsistencies
- Ability to present information and analysis clearly and concisely
- Is innovative, can simplify, and have relentlessly high standards
- Experience driving small to medium sized cross functional projects
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence others
- Strong overall business acumen
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Is data driven and sets clear, measurable quality goals
- Maintains composure in the face of highly ambiguous environments and constant change
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience with AWS Products
- Experience dealing with large datasets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Operations and Logistics